Friday, November 4, 2011

May as Well.....

There was no way I was going to keep up with any kind of blog about my life. My BOYS lives, however, is a completely different story. I've been told more than one time that I could write a book about the things that my oldest son, Riley, says. So, my goal for this blog is really simple: share the hilarity that is my children, and share the ridiculousness that is motherhood - regardless of the situation.

I have learned in the 4 years since Riley has been alive that it is an absolutely ridiculous notion to take yourself too seriously as a parent. While I am certainly not saying motherhood isn't a big and important thing, and I have no intention of shirking my maternal duties, I think being a parent - like any other part of life - is something that can be overdone. Obsessive might be a better word. I feel like my parents set a good example for me. My mother always took care of things and was very driven and serious and boundary setting. My dad was always fun, and only set the boundaries in cases of the extreme (ie cheating on a 7th grade pre-Algebra test). But the overall balance of the house - despite my parents now being divorced - was really, really good. A good instruction of what to do - and not to do - for my children.

So...let's get started, shall we. I'm hoping that I'm able to get online daily and at least post a "Quote of the Day" for Riley. And if Kellan shares the same wit when he is able to talk, I'll add some for him as well. Of all the things in the universe, it is extremely easy to talk about my children. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

While I wish I could go back and tell everything funny Riley has ever said, that's really quite impossible. So for the purposes of getting things moving, let me just tell you about this week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment